Thursday, September 06, 2007

Someday We'll Know

I really love this song from the first moment I heard it. It might be because everything were perfectly timing for me when this song was played on the radio. I was driving home and felt so tired after a long hour working in the lab. My mind was kind of out of place because there were so many issues in the lab and so many issue going on with me. So I decided to detour to the botanical garden. It was about 10 minutes driving from the campus. It was in fall so there were not many green out there. I sat in the car and had the radio on while trying to get my mind back. This garden was one of my sanctuary when I felt bad. I had about half hour before the garden was closed. It was very cold and quiet. All I heard was sound of leaves moving and falling on the ground. It sounds sad but you know...sometime being in a quiet place makes you hear your voice louder.

I had the radio on. This song played and caught me right away. I didn't catch all the words at the begining and didn't even know it's name or the artist. The song begins with "Ninety miles outside Chicago. Can't stop driving I don't know why". ha...I'd been to Chicago...what are they talking about Chicago?...It sounds a love song..... After some research (sounds seroius ha..), it is a love song, sound track from movie "A Walk to Rememer". The lyric is very beautiful and touching ,but still, there are some words that I don't know the depth meaning such as "Did the captain of the Titanic cry?'. Some said they mean the cantain in the first made Titanic film. What made him cry??? His boat sank or his love one was dead, I wonder. Here is the lyric.


I like the sentence 'I'm speeding by the place I met you for the ninety-seventh time tonight'. I think he was hurt everytime he drove pass the place they met. He knew to his heart that it was hurt but he did it for 97 times, why??? It might be because at the 98th time he will see she is standing right there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today , i mean NOw !! It 's a bit jumbled like my brain. I freak out about what i have to write in my paper and my thesis. How can an empty brain like me are able to make a 'publishable' paper with a heap of garbage.?? please choose a song for me or i jump out of the building !!

Anonymous said...

comment above is from me

noon
Ps.always forget that there's no space for this name job.

Anonymous said...

Noon,
What do you mean a heap of garbage? Think about how much afford you put into your work. Is it fair to say it is a heap of garbage? Notthing in the world is "perfect". The word "perfect" isn't real. It's just what a person feels about it. Believe me, I know it's very hard when English is not our mother language. You may start with materials and methods because they are the easiest part. When the first part is done, it'll make you feel better and the rest is easier. Don't expect for a perfect draft. It could be anything that express what you want to deliver to a reader in your own way. To make it "perfect" is your professor job. If he complain, thread him that you will withdraw is name from the paper!!!!! (kidding na)
Chin up!!!!jub jub
PS. To have your name appear on the comment, choose your identity as other and fill in the block. Only your name is required.

Anonymous said...

Thank you non tang, let say .. i will try my best..

PS. my comment window is in Japanese . i have no idea where is 'other..' Anyway i will try choose the middle button.

Anonymous said...

Noon,
I found another way to make the blog menu bar shows in English. First, you go to http://www.blogger.com/language.g and save the language to English. Open new window and type my blog name http://andthenmoveon.blogspot.com. I hope this time it works.

Anonymous said...

Someday you'll konw...