Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Swan Lake


This past Sunday I went to Thailand Cultural Centre for the Swan Lake ballet. This show was a part of Bangkok's 9th International Festival of Dance and Music and in celebration of His Majesty the King’s 80th Birthday. The ballet was performed by National Ballet of Portugal and Ekaterinburg Symphony Orchestra. This was my a first time to see a professional ballet in live action.

I thought ballet is for up-class girls whose their parents spend a fortune for ballet lessons just to make them classy. But when you see these professional dancers perform, you will forget about those girls. I was amazed by the way they move. Every movements they made seemed like they were floating above the surface. When a male performer lift his partner up with his two arms, it seemed like she was actually flying.

I still have no idea about the story of the Swan Lake and not yet to look up on the internet to learn it's story.

After the ballet, we (Juleitte, Mary and I) had a nice dinner at the Basilico, an Italian resturant on Sukhumvit 33. This restaurant has big front glass windows area and a big wood-fire oven. We ordered a special pizza and Tortelloni stuffed with ground beef and gargonzola sauce to share. I felt like I was no longer in Thailand. There were not more than 5 Thais dining in. I found out later that this restuarant is on the lists of 150 top resturants in BKK. That is why the food was so good and I could hardly move after all.

No comments: